Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surviving Universal & Disney

Finally....I'm starting to get over my hiatus (I mean, vacation) to Universal & Disney in Orlando, Florida. Hot was the operative word! But, my son, Mike, and his friend, Mason, enjoyed themselves immensely. Just a quick punny point....my son's last name is Dixon...so these two are affectionately known to me as "Mason and Dixon" :-) Making them get up early in the morning paid off because they were able to ride their most-prized rides several times before the waits got too long. Here's a picture of Mike and Mason in front of the Universal globe and Mike and me waiting to have lunch at Bubba Gumps.

After two days at Universal, we were ready for the crowds at Disney. If you read my previous post, you'll know that my one goal was to get a picture or two of my son, who happens to let me get lots of a picture of him with his hand in front of the camera. Teenageship is definitely NOT one of those times that pictures are welcome. Hopefully, he'll look back at these sometime and appreciate his youthfulness. In the following picture of Mason and Dixon having lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, Mike looks like he's trying to say to me....enough of the pictures already (at least a close up of this one is my souvenir of his new braces! Oh, and I got the bottom two pictures as I accidently spotted them hurrying to take one more trip down Splash Mountain.

So, what did I do? I attended all of Disney's musicals, rode a few rollar coasters, shopped without hurry, enjoyed myself watching people, and took pictures of flora and fauna. Here's a few of my best pics of the flowers in Universal and Disney:


The three pictures of lily pads on the right were taken right after a rainstorm in front of the China pavilion at Epcot. Wow, I'm just going to have to make a quilt of that last one with all the glorious veins and the water droplet at the center.....someday. My final pictures are of birds. I found myself in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom taking pictures of birds, who didn't seem to mind the crowds around them.

1 comment:

  1. One of my very favortie birds and it is so easy to see how they inspire artists wherever the fly or land. I hope to get see when these birds strut into your fabric art.

    ReplyDelete