Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's been over a month since my last confession...umm....posting

No excuses...ok...maybe one.   I cleaned my house from top to bottom in preparation for my mother's 80th birthday party. Thirty of her closest relatives and friends descended upon our home on April 11th.  I enjoyed meeting her friends and seeing some relatives I haven't seen for a while.   A fun time was had by all.   I did learn something interesting...

My mother's friends were pretty loud at a few points.  In passing, I heard..."Ok, let's talk about sex" more than a few times.   After the party, my husband asked me why all those older ladies always seemed to be talking about sex.   So, I told him.   They can get themselves into a funk real quick when others approach them talking about those who have died before, funerals, and other depressing topics.  So, everytime the conversation in their groups starts to go down that path, they change the topic with their declaration.  Pretty clever, huh?

A couple of days after the party, my husband and I flew to Florida for a mini-vacation.   My thread-painted quilt was hanging in the Florida Museum of Natural History
I must say I felt honored to be a part of this exhibition after viewing the quality in the quilts posted here.  It included over a hundred quilts depicting flora and fauna in Florida.  Here are my favorite four:

No comments:

Post a Comment