Monday, May 14, 2012

A New Day, A New Way...

My life has been consumed co-chairing a quilt show for a local quilt guild.   Now that I'm on the other side looking back...it's time to work on some creative stuff for me.   But before I start posting some new creative stuff, I just want to record here the quilts that went into the show:
This little gem is a thread painting of a pattern from Debra Gabel's book: "Quilt Blocks Around the World".   Only the size of a piece of printer paper, I used canvas as the foundation and to provide some stability for all of the thread.
I call this one:  Mildly Magnificent Tree.   The pattern is from the Sally Collins book: "Mastering Precision Piecing."  
The Ultimate Guild Challenge this year was to depict a Beatles song or lyric in a quilt.  This is my original design titled "Back to the USSR". 
This original design titled "Orange You Glad You Like Jazz" was my entry for the guild's bloomin challenge.   I'll be auctioning it off at another guild's Silent Auction later this year.  Hopefully, I'll get enough from the auction to pay for the beads and fabric. 

Dad's t-shirt quilt.   I made 5 of these last year when he passed away and gave them to relatives.  This one is my favorite though for chilly nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment